Friday 2 December 2011

Knit #1

Another part of this semester was Knit. This is the one thing I've done this semester that I loved and could see myself doing for the next four years at university.
For this project I decided to chose the theme 'Afternoon Tea' and researched around tea, the cups etc and macaroons. After drawing from all three of these sections I soon realised my strongest work came from my tea research and I loved the colour palette from this section.
Working from this I started to hand knit and knit on the domestic machine to created an A3 garment front with two A5 sleeves.
Mood board for 'Afternoon Tea'.









Final Piece for Knit.

4 comments:

  1. Your sketchbook looks amazing :O I love the colours used and of course the knitted bit :) I do love knitting! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! so original.

    Hope you become a friend,
    www.styleintoxicated.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketchbook! Your final knit shades are great x

    ReplyDelete